Sorry that I disappeared for a while. The morning after I returned home from Mexico, I discovered some lumps in my dog Lucy’s neck and hind legs. I took her to the vet and she was diagnosed with Lymphoma. She began chemotherapy on Tuesday and we have been very busy and overwhelmed trying to figure it all out.
This has been a very hard time for us and I apologize if I temporarily don’t post as frequently as I have been. I will do my best to post as often as I can, I will also make sure to post a blog about my “giving trip” to Mexico with my dad ASAP. Lucy is like a child to me and I am trying to spend as much time with her as I can during this time that is “different’ and sometimes scary for her. I also still have to work and I have a family that needs me still too. I kindly ask that you are patient with me and my travel posts, don’t think I have quit this blog. I haven’t.
Please keep us in your prayers, we need them. Pray that the chemotherapy works without negative effects and gets her into remission. Please pray that she stays in remission for a LONG, LONG time. Pray that her quality of life does not decrease and that she feels nothing but love and happiness. Lastly, please pray for our finances. Chemotherapy is not cheap and her oncologist is 2-3 hours away depending on traffic. We are doing everything we can to pay for it, we got a credit card, we cancelled all of our families “extra’s” likes gym memberships etc. and we are planning several fundraisers to go towards her treatment. I want to do do everything I can to give Lucy a fighting chance. I love her so much, she has been my best friend for 7 years and I KNOW she still has a lot of life left in her!
Should you feel lead to put together a fundraiser please feel free to email me at email@example.com. Thank you.
A few things we have lined up:
- A garage sale – Scheduled form Feb 2nd & 3rd. We welcome all donations and pray that it is a huge success. We expect to have LOTS of great things for sale there. 100% of the money made will go towards Lucy’s chemotherapy. You can email/call me for pick up of items or you can drop them off at Alison Nicole Nail salon on Canal street in Merced.
- A “walk for Lucy” – Tentatively scheduled for February 23rd. We will haev lots of great prizes to raffle off and again, all money will go towards Lucy’s care.
- A shrimp cocktail sale – My dad is am AMAZING cook and offered to make shrimp cocktails to also go towards Lucy’s chemo treatment. He seriously makes the BEST shrimp cocktails around. Ask anyone who has tried them. 🙂
- A Scentsy sale – My friend Lisa has offered to donate a portion of all sales made from today through February 8th. Please go to her link to shop for these amazing home and car fragrances. BUY HERE <—- Once there, click on “buy from party” Hilda & Lucy
- An event will be taking place in Houston Texas soon, God willing. Thanks to my Friend Nidia.
- There is also a meeting/event taking place THIS Sunday(tomorrow) in Southern California, at the Rose Bowl!!! Thanks to my bully family located down south. Look for all the bulldogs in front of the Rose Bowl sign. They will be raffling off prizes as well as selling “Saving Bronx” bracelets. Bronx is another beautiful bulldog baby diagnosed with Lymphoma. His parents along with several other GREAT people are working hard to build a strong supportive community of people to support each other in times like this. They are also doing an amazing job of bringing awareness to canine cancer. God bless them for their amazing work and for their kindness in helping us raise money for my baby Lucy! They are SUCH a GREAT group of HUGE hearted people!!!
Should you feel lead to donate please feel free to do so at the link below OR through PayPal using firstname.lastname@example.org
I also want to make it known that if we were to raise more money than needed for Lucy’s chemotherapy and treatments, we plan on paying it forward and donating the excess to another family in a similar situation. We do NOT want ANY of it for ourselves. This is ALL for Lucy, for the sole purpose of getting her the medical treatment she needs.
Should you feel more comfortable donating directly to her vet, please send me an email and I will happily send you all of the information you need to get the money right to the oncologists office.
I truly appreciate your prayers, encouragement, kindness, support and donations. Please feel free to re-post this and/or the photo here. We need all the people praying and pulling for us that we can get.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and for understanding.
LOTS of love,
Hilda & Lucy